WHY DO PEOPLE GET ACNE?
Acne affects 1 in 5 men, women and children in Australia and is a treatable medical condition. Failure to treat acne can result in scarring and can adversely affect self-confidence and self-esteem.
Our acne programs have an 80% success rate and are tailor made to the particular type or severity of acne that presents to the clinic. Acne is a condition based on 5 attributing factors:
- Acne is a problem caused almost entirely by incorrect diet in a genetically susceptible person. There are three main food groups – protein, fats and carbohydrates. The problem is not fats but carbohydrates. Most people know that eating sugar containing food like chocolate aggravates acne but most do not understand that things like bread, pasta, spaghetti, cake, biscuits – in fact anything made from grains such as wheat, barley, rice and oats are just sugar in more complex form.
- Skin congestion with clogged blocked pores The blockage can be caused by:
- Dead skin cells – As top layers of skin are shed, skin cells from the deeper layers of the skin move towards the surface. They then move upwards, progressively flatten and become drier as they die. Dead skin cells should fall off the surface of the skin but sometimes they need help, as the “glue” that binds the cells together is very effective.
- A build-up of make-up or creams – Creams and oils such as moisturisers and sunscreens, applied to the surface of the skin increase the amount of oil present which in turn further blocks pores. People with acne should only use creams or oils on their skin as directed by the team at Rejuven8 Cosmetix. Most cosmetic foundations consist of particles suspended in a cream base. The cream is bad for acne but the particles are also bad as they enter the open pores and add to the dead skin cell plug obstructing the pore.
- Environmental pollutants
- Dust and dirt
- Skin Infection – an overgrowth of naturally occurring bacteria
- Skin Inflammation – the skin acts as if it is wounded and reacts to this damage with increased inflammation
- Hormonal Influences – both male and female hormones can play a part in increasing oil production that becomes trapped under the skin and thereby exacerbate acne in some situations
WHAT IS AN ACNE TREATMENT PROGRAM GOING TO DO FOR MY SKIN?
Don’t let acne affect your self-confidence. At Rejuven8 Cosmetix Dr Lindsey Hooke and Dr Douglas Grose have developed an acne program that actually works.
The Team at Rejuven8 Cosmetix are trained in the diagnosis and treatment of acne, a uniform approach is used throughout the clinic to achieve the best possible outcome. Our acne program has an over 80% success rate treating all types and severities of acne. The program involves the combined approach of using skin care formulated for acne prone skins with medical and cosmetic treatments to address associated infective/hormonal factors and resulting issues of pigmentation, redness and scarring. All acne treatment programs are overseen and supervised by Dr Lindsey Hooke and Dr Douglas Grose. Consultations are complimentary.
So the aim of our acne programs is to:
- Provide dietary advice – this will teach you to avoid certain food stuffs that are known to increase oil production in the skin which ultimately causes the acne in the first place;
- Provide a skin care regimen to clear congestion and blocked pores present on the skin and help prevent future breakouts;
- Clear any existing infection with the use of antibiotics where necessary;
- Clear blemishes, redness and the visual appearance of inflammation in the area affected;
- Balance out any hormonal influences where necessary;
- Prevent future scarring and treat existing scarring;
MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE REJUVEN8 COSMETIX ACNE TREATMENT PROGRAM
Each acne program is tailor made for the individual client and may contain a number of treatment modalities. It may include some or all of the following:
- Cosmetic Grade Skin Care
- Dietary Advice & Eating Plan
- Young Blood Makeup
- Chemical Peels
- Essential Home Care Products
- Laser Genesis Rejuvenation
- Crystal Genesis Rejuvenation
- IPL Limelight Colour Correction
- Crystal IPL Limelight Rejuvenation
- Dermapen Skin Needling
- Respect Your Skin Treatment
- Scar Correction Treatments
- Antibiotics (prescribed only by a doctor)
- Anti-inflammatories and hormonal regulators (prescribed only by a doctor)
The Team at Rejuven8 Cosmetix are trained in the diagnosis and treatment of acne and a uniform approach is used throughout the clinic to achieve the best possible outcome. However, as the owner of Rejuven8 Cosmetix, Dr Lindsey Hooke is a respected Cosmetic Physician who has developed a close working relationship with Consultant Dermatologists on the Coast over the last 20 years and she therefore has a direct referral base should additional therapy be required.
PRE-TREATMENT / AFTERCARE
Pre Treatment & Aftercare instructions will relate to the specific cosmetic treatment performed
PLEASE GO TO THE INDIVIDUAL PAGE ON THE WEBSITE TO FIND OUT ABOUT HOW TO PREPARE & RECOVER FOR YOUR TREATMENT
Acne Treatment Programs Pricing
All Consultations are complimentary.
Consultations by Cosmetic Physicians are billed through Medicare so please take a valid Medicare card with you on the day of the consultation.
All additional Services and Products are billed accordingly.
No pricing currently available